Team Registration (Goderich Minor Hockey)

PrintTeam Registration

Team Registration Directions

The Request For Team Approval Form must be completed by the coach or manager of each team, every season.  This form must be filled out by the team and returned to the Centre Contact (Stewart Books). As we are now using electronic registration paper player cards are no longer required. The team roster is a printed electronic document. Each player must sign the signature sheet that will accompany the official roster. The electronic roster is required to attend tournaments. It must be completed before your first tournament. If it is done correctly it doesn’t take long to get it approved, but at least a week notice is requested, the sooner the better.

TEAM OFFICIALS (coaches, trainers, manager)

The entire team official area at the top of the sheet needs to be completed. I need a valid PRS number for every member of the coaching staff. This number is from the prevention services or speak out seminar. Coaches and assistant coaches need a valid coach or chip number.

A CHIP_____ number is needed for coaches of Novice and younger players.

Coach’s numbers start with the year of expiry. For this season (06-07) the expiry must be 07 or later. The next letter C, or D1 is for a regular coach, (ok for Atom and older) or Int or D2 is for coaches that have taken the intermediate or competitive coaching clinic. INT certificates don’t have an expiry date on them. They all expire at the end of the 2009 season. Int and D2 are also OK for teams above Atom.

Assistant coaches are all OK with a D1, D2, INT or C certificate.

Managers need only a PRS number.

Trainers need a Trainer certificate. The format is the same as for coach’s numbers, the first 2 numbers are the year of expiry, and the 3rd number is the level (1 or 2) followed by TR and the 6 digit certificate number. All teams need at least 1 trainer. Level 1 trainers need to take a clinic every 3 years. Level 2 trainers are Dr’s, nurses, paramedics etc or need to have a valid first aid certificate.

The 5th team official can be either an assistant trainer or a second assistant coach. If a coach has more than 1 certificate, please provide all the numbers.

Please fill in the Name, date of birth and certificate numbers of all team officials. For new officials I need the complete information including address and postal code. Use the back of the sheet if required.

Please include all the information for all of the team staff. If one of the staff is waiting for a clinic, please put “pending” on the sheet.


If all of the players have played in Goderich last year, just their names are required. If you have a new player to town or new to hockey, the complete form must be completed, as well as any changes to address or name etc. The mileages are only required for players from “the country” including the VLA and Saltford.

You can have a maximum of 19 players registered to each team. The players can be moved until the New Year. Your team should have been informed of the number of players you need to take at the coaches or managers meeting.


About a week after submitting your request you should receive your Approved Team Roster. If you supply me with a fax number I can fax you your signed roster and signature sheet. If you don’t have your roster in week or so call me. (519-524-8930) if you loose or forget your roster I may be able to fax a copy to your tournament. (I work every Saturday and Sunday, so don’t count on this).

You must carry your roster and signed signature sheet to all tournaments and play-off games.

The signature sheet will accompany your roster when I give it to you. All of the players must sign in the space provided. If your team changes and you receive a different sheet, the players will all need to re-sign the new one. The signature sheet needs to have the same players as the approved team roster.

Tournaments and exhibition games

You will need to have your completed roster with you at all tournaments. You also need a “travel permit” for all tournaments and games outside of the WOAA area. This is free from me for playing in OMHA centres. If you go to an Alliance or USA centre you need to pay $20 for a tournament or $10 for a single game. I arrange this for you through the OMHA office. These permits are to ensure that the Hockey Canada insurance remains in effect for you and your team.

For each tournament please provide me with;

the OMHA, Alliance or USA Hockey tournament sanction number

the name of the host centre and their website if possible or a contact number.

the dates of the tournaments or exhibition games

and the arenas the games will be at.

You are not allowed to play in non-sanctioned tournaments or against teams that are not affiliated with the OMHA, Alliance or USA Hockey. (i.e. London Red Circle).

Team Sites
View AllOur Sponsors
Social Networking
Follow Us On
Follow Goderich Minor Hockey on Twitter
- and -
Visit Goderich Minor Hockey on Facebook
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from on Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 7:39 AM